Guest Post by Jennifer Baer of MAYJUNE Events
Let’s face it – planning a wedding is no easy task! All of the meetings, timelines and budget details are enough to overwhelm even the most organized bride and groom. Hiring a wedding planner can be a huge relief when it comes to all of that… and so much more! So if you’re wondering if hiring a planner would be a good idea, then read on to find out what a wedding planner really does!
1. Offer insight into the wedding industry. Wedding planners know a lot about weddings because it’s our JOB to know. So when you inevitably have questions about everything from where to find the right people, when to book and schedule things, how to make a wedding day timeline or what the proper etiquette is for certain situations, having a wedding planner by your side can not only be an invaluable resource – but a huge stress reliever!
2. Vendor relationships and recommendations. Planners often have established relationships with other wedding professionals, which means that when it comes time for you to choose a caterer, photographer, or DJ, we not only have quality vendors to recommend, but we can also help suggest who we think would be the best fit for you and your wedding!
3. Scheduling and coordinating. Hiring a planner also means that you don’t have to be bogged down in the back and forth that often happens when you’re trying to schedule meetings between you and your wedding vendors. In order to save you the headache, many vendors, including myself, will handle the several rounds of emails and phone calls and simply let you know where to be and when to be there!
4. Manage the events and details on your wedding day. A wedding planner will be there on your wedding day to not only make sure all the perfect little details you’ve put together over the past several months get where they’re supposed to, but we also line up your bridal party and family when the ceremony begins, cue the pianist for the music change when you walk down the aisle, notify your guests know when it’s time to move into the ballroom, and track down the best man when it’s time for his speech… just to name a few!
5. Work for you. The most important thing to understand when working with a wedding planner is that we are there to WORK for you. Your family and friends can help you come up with great ideas and even lend a little DIY hand leading up to big day, but when it comes to the actual planning and executing of your wedding, that’s best left to the professionals. Not just because we know how, but because no one who is a guest at your wedding should have to do anything except enjoy this momentous occasion in your life!
Jennifer Baer is the owner of MAYJUNE Events, a boutique wedding and event planning company. With a love of all things wedding and a passion for planning the perfect event, Jennifer provides each of her couples with the personal attention they deserve, allowing them to truly enjoy their engagement. Visit www.mayjune.co or call 540.999.6295 to learn more about wedding planning services with MAYJUNE Events.