I had the privilege of photographing 21 beautiful weddings this past year which took me all over Maryland, Washington DC, Virginia and even to Costa Rica! Each wedding was special. Each one was full of love and excitement for new beginnings. I adored personally getting to know each bride and groom I worked with, I loved capturing the look they had in their eyes when they first saw the other, all dressed up and ready to say “I do.” I loved capturing all the details they had spent months planning and preparing for, everything from the wedding cake to the wedding favors. I loved capturing the hugs and smiles they shared with their family and friends. It was a year full of joy.
And this 2014 year holds a lot more love & joy for newly engaged couples. It seems like everyone gets engaged around the holidays which is why now is a great time for me to recap on some of the best wedding venues in the Northern VA/Washington DC area. This is by no means an exhaustive list, but rather something I hope will provide more information to all those new brides out there! This is simply a list is based on my personal opinion of what venues have the best opportunities for beautiful images and the friendliness of the staff. If you don’t happen to be a new bride yourself, but know someone who is, share and tag her in this post on Facebook!
So without further ado (and in no particular order) here are my favorite Northern VA and Washington DC wedding venues!
1. Historic Whitehall Manor, Leeseburg, VA: I’ve had the privilege of photographing at this venue a number of times and I LOVED each and every one! Whitehall Manor is tucked away at the base of the Blue Ridge Mountains, which basically means it has stunning views surrounding a 200 year old manor house! Take a 360 degree virtual tour of their beautiful grounds using this link!
2. The Jefferson Hotel, Washington DC : If you’re more of a sophisticated bride, then this boutique hotel is worth looking into. It is nestled in the heart of our nation’s capital which allows for beautiful wedding day photographs with the monuments of Washington DC as the backdrop. Even if you decide not to venture out into the city on your wedding day, this hotel offers ornate bridal suites to be pampered in and their Book Room is the perfect setting for an intimate wedding ceremony.
3. Morais Vineyards, Warrenton, VA: A vineyard wedding is the perfect local for any wine-loving couple and Morais Vineyards stands out from the crowd. It’s like this vineyard was built with weddings in mind! It offers a bridal suite complete with six leaf chandelier, a pergola archway overlooking a pond, an intimate and inviting chapel and an elegant grand ballroom. This venue has it all!
4. Fauquier Springs Country Club, Warrenton, VA: I have nothing but love for this venue…and with good reason! FSCC knows how to host a wedding! In fact, this places was voted “Best Place to Have a Reception” by Warrenton Lifestyle Magazine (again). Outdoors, they have their trademark Hilltop Gazebo, the ideal spot to share your vows and inside, their Victorian staircase leads you to multiple banquet rooms.
5. Sunset Crest Manor, Chantilly VA: Sunset Crest Manor overlooks the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains so when the sun sets, you’ll be in awe of the scenery that is before you. Not only is the view breathtaking, but the grandor of the stone manor itself will also leave your jaw dropped. There is also a large stone patio beautifully landscaped and in an amphitheater setting.
If you’re a former bride who had her wedding at one of the above places, please leave a review in the comment section below! I loved photographing at these places and would like to hear how you enjoyed having your wedding there.
Or if you are a bride still planning out the details of her big day and have any questions, let me know here and I’d be happy to help!